Friday, May 27, 2011

Day #5















































































































































































































Day #5 Update!


Well, it just gets better and better. We DID NOT get a cabana bed, evidently 7:30 am is NOT early enough, sad, so sad. I only have one more chance to get one tomorrow, so I'm working on my bribary skills to see what I can muster up in the morning. We've tried all different kinds of tactics, we've tried our cheech and chong accent, I've tried cleavage (I guess I'm too old), and now we are ready for bribary, but who, how much and do I dare? I need more than luck, I'm running out of options and time, pooh!




We have slept in each morning about one hour later than the last so we didn't even get up until 10:30 ish today. That's crazy, most people are well into their day by then and typically, so am I. That's how we know this vacation thing is working, I can't remember what day or what time it is, I think that's a good thing. We made it out to the pool around 11:00 am and stayed out until about 12:30 and then we headed to the marina for our fishing excusion, if that's what you want to call it. We boarded the boat at 2:00 pm and really had a great time. Our captains name was "Steve", I laughed and asked him what his real name was, and with only one tooth, and one eye, he replied, "my real name is Estephan", oops........so capitan "Steve" it is! Gavin and Mallory both know spanish, so they've made communication fun and somewhat comical.




Steve was a great captain, he baited our hooks with squid which of course we didn't want to smell, much less touch. He tried really hard to find a good place to snorkel, which, I am not sure exists in RP. Anyhoo, we gave it a good shot, but the water was so salty and too cold for me, so I jumped out of the water since fish are food, not friends (disney reference)!


We spent 4 hours on the boat and got to our car just as Robin and Dave and Lyda were getting into town, we hooked up, did a little shopping, had some street tacos where a little boy named Alexis hit on us for a sale of bracelets and trinkets. It was really fun to test his english and sales skills, I wish I could squish him into my suitcase and bring him home with me. We so cute, we asked if we could get a picture before he left and he said, sure for a dollar....wth? Too funny! We had our token Thrifty ice cream for the day and came back to the resort where we are exhausted. I can't believe we are almost done with this fabulous week in which not only have I not thought about work for the last 48 hours but I'm thinking I don't want to go back, that's not like me. I think I like vacations :)




Wish me luck on the Cabana, if my son, my daughter or my hubby truly loved me, they would bribe someone to help a girl out........keep your fingers crossed.


More pics to follow!


2 comments:

Hanna said...

If you don't get a cabana on your last day there, then I will be devastated for you! You look SUPER tan and happy. I love to hear that you guys are settling into vacation mode. You need that kind of stress relief WAY more often than you guys get it! Deep see fishing is AWESOME! Did you eat 'em? :)

Nash said...

HOw did you get the cabana that first day or two? I don't have any ideas, if the cleavage didn't work. Maybe a 20 or a 50? geez. in fact they should just rent them out. that is how they were in hawaii. that way you can at least count on it. hope you find one tomorrow.